Support VSA through payroll giving
If your workplace offers payroll giving you can nominate VSA as your chosen charity.
You can make a regular donation amount, direct from your pay. You'll receive an immediate tax credit of 33 and a third cents for each dollar you donate in that pay period. For example, if you donate $10 to VSA, VSA receives the full $10 but you'll receive a tax credit of $3.33. This means you don't have to claim your tax rebate at the end of the tax year.
Why do payroll giving?
- Convenience – You can fill in the form online, as quick and easy as internet banking.
- Saves time – it only takes ten minutes, you don't need to post a form, write an email, save a receipt or fill out a tax refund claim.
- Saves resources – It's a no-paper way of giving.
- Saves your money – You don't have to wait months to get your tax refund, it goes straight into your account.
- Security – Receiving a set amount regularly is helpful for VSA. Knowing how much we can expect each month makes it easier to plan and budget for our work.
What to do
- Find out if your workplace is offering payroll giving. If they aren't, have a chat to see whether they can offer the scheme.
- Nominate VSA as your chosen charity. Encourage your colleagues to nominate VSA as well.
To find out more about payroll giving, what it is and how it works: Download our brochure (PDF 1 page 2MB)
Find out more about payroll giving from payrollgivinginfo.org.nz.